RE: aluminum bonnet

To: "'FJ40Jim@aol.com'" <FJ40Jim@aol.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: aluminum bonnet
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:05:12 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jim:

        Clausager states that the change to steel was sometime in '69, but
is unsure of the exact change point.  I had a '70 B with an aluminium bonnet
that appeared original, but who knows for certain.

        You can run into problems installing the 63-69, 73-74 grilles with a
hood from a 70-72 MGB with recessed grille.  The hoods are supposedly the
same, but after years of slamming and minor ding repair the crown tends to
be reduced.

best of luck

Kelvin.