frame straightening in Cleveland area

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: frame straightening in Cleveland area
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:35:47 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have a problem:   I have my B stripped to the shell and on a rotisserie
rotator, suspended in front and back by the bumper support mounts.  While
welding small notches into the front frame for my radiator with my
oxy-acetylene torch, I forgot to support the body with jackstands, and the
weight bearing down on the opened up parts bent the front 18" down almost an
inch while it was being welded back up.  Now, my front bumper supports point
upward, so the valance bolts wont fit and the grille wont mount up.  Does
anyone know of a competent frame shop in the Cleveland area who is familiar
with MG specs who I can call?  I suppose I'll need to put the shell on a
trailer to get it hauled around.