Re: battery info wanted

To: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Subject: Re: battery info wanted
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:34:24 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
At 11:36 PM 2/22/01 EST, you wrote:
>I have a 71 B (2 6v batteries originally) getting 302 Ford.  I want to route
>both exhaust where the driverside battery was, and use a single 12 v in a
>Moss plastic battery box in the passenger side.  I've heard there is a
>lead/acid battery that fits the box, but the closest I've found is one of
the
>#26 frame that is a really tight fit, and an odd, small, and very expensive
>dry cell battery.  Has anyone put a single 12v battery in one of the plastic
>battery boxes?  Does it crank the 302 V8 with moderate compression (9.5 -
>10:1) OK with a small, hi-torque starter?

I use the group 26 in all of our MGB's, V-8s and MGC's.  WE use only the
gear drive mini starters on the V-8s so they spin easily.  The real test
seems to be the MGC's and they start after sitting in a VERY cold Maine
barn.  I do go for the $39 batteries as opposed to the cheap ones......
Jack Emery
Glenburn Maine
207-884-8523
'67 MGB V-8