RE: Heater control valve

To: <BlkfxdWG@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Heater control valve
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 17:50:15 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Well Carl mine is on the passenger side.  I'd go out and check the details for
you but it's under snow right now.
http://pages.prodigy.net/larryhoy/V8Snow.jpg

OK my recollection is this.  The front water outlet is for 3/4" hose, from
there I used a 3/4" to 5/8" adapter to a 5/8" inline
heater valve.  From there I use a 5/8" to 1/2" adapter to the 1/2" hose that
goes to the heater core right side fitting.  All this
is on the passenger side (right) of the carburetor.

The issue might be because the fittings to get from the left side fitting to
the back of the manifold is tricky.  I sat in front of
the hose section at the local AutoZone for quite some time staring at the 1/2"
and 5/8" "twisted" hoses before I found the right
combination.

Conversion tip: log the hose numbers you used so they can be easily replaced in
the future ... I didn't : - (

Good luck.

Larry