Re: Tach conversion

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Tach conversion
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:02:46 -0400
Cc: MG V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
The white wires on your old tach create a loop inside the tach working as the
very early models that
had an external loop. These wire need to be joined as they create the feed from
ignition to the plus
side of the coil.

A new wire must be run from the negative side of the coil to the male terminal
on your new tach. The
new tach needs power to the other insulated terminal. This can be the original
2 green wires from the
original tach.

The remaining uninsulated terminal is case ground, to any convenient spot.

Jim Stuart