Re: Help! - Lifter ... - Update

To: "Kevin & Deana Brown" <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>, "MGV8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help! - Lifter ... - Update
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:20:48 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
On engines that have been sitting up for a while, or on new engines, you
should turn the oil pump not the engine.  When you pull the distributor, you
connect a shaft to the oil pump drive and turn it with a drill.  This way
everything gets oil without turning over the engine.  Your engine wasn't
getting any oil for a few seconds, meaning metal to metal contact.

Mike