RE: 215 oil pump gasket needed

To: "Glenn Towery" <mgv8glen@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: RE: 215 oil pump gasket needed
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 20:45:58 -0600
Cc: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>, "MGV8 list" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi Glenn and all.

Glenn mentions the GM 231 V-6 oil pump gasket.  I have questions about some of
these "other" engines.  Many times a lister will mention a Buick 3.8, GM 231,
etc. as having the same part as a 215.  But every time you mention this to the
kid on the other side of the parts counter they say "What kinda car?", "What
year?".  You get the picture, in fact you've probably been there and got the
t-shirt.

Soooo.  Can anyone give me year make and model?  I guess most of the
interchangeable V8/V6 stuff is front cover items.   Most of the time people are
looking for oil pump springs, front cover gaskets, oil pump pieces, including
gaskets, whatever.

I almost forgot, after you tell them the make and year they want the model, and
does it have ...

Larry Hoy