Re: header clamps

To: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@colorado.edu>
Subject: Re: header clamps
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 17:58:17 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James-

This is pretty standard racing stuff, The tabs on each pipe overlap with a
hole in a common location so that a small bolt & nut will secure them. The one
pipe fits inside the other to a distance of 1-1/2-2" as a rule. This may not
be completely leak free, but is a snap to remove, which is why it is used. My
headers connect to the down pipe that way & I have had no problems for years
of use. If there is noticeable leakage, auto parts stores sell a sealant for
this situation for a few bucks- NOT muffler cement or the like.

Jim Stuart