Re: header clamps

To: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, "James Nazarian Jr" <James.Nazarian@colorado.edu>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: header clamps
From: "murray arundell" <goforit@ecn.net.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 06:55:22 +1000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Paul,

Factory V8s were not fitted with tubular exhaust manifolds as standard.
They had a nasty set of cast iron jobs that had next to zero efficiency.
Most factory V8 owners who are not sticklers for originality have long since
placed the OE exhaust manifolds on the shelf for prosperity and had a good
set of headers fitted.

My factory car has done 100,000 miles since its restoration with around
80,000 of those miles using a set of "Mike The Pipe" headers out of the UK.
These never gave me any problems what so ever, nothing..... Only replaced
them because they were really not a too good a design and had a local pipe
man make me up a set of trick headers c/w HPC ceramic coating.  Would
suggest to all you guys that you forget "off the shelf" headers available
from the MG vendors and simply find out who does the Hotter Rods in your
area and head along over and have a chat to him, he'll  will be able to bend
you up a great set of headers that will get the gas out without the need for
butchering holes in the inner guards of your cars.......  You'll be
surprised at the cost for a custom set of headers......  AND no more dramas
with them dropping on to the road.......

Cheers - Murray A.
Brisbane Aus.