Re: "Spark deflectors"

To: Gregory Williams <gwilliams@servicesoft.com>
Subject: Re: "Spark deflectors"
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:13:35 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net, dkern@napanet.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
6/16/00

Greg,

        Thanks for the info.  Do you suppose this refers to "wetting" with
gasoline?  That would probably hinder starting since only vaporized fuel
can burn, not liquid.  More importantly, would the head work OK with the
thing removed?  The Buick 215 head does not have them and certainly is a
very similar design in most other respects.  As I mentioned, I am thinking
about the flexibility of being able to adjust the final compression ratio
by increasing combustion chamber volume by eliminating these gizmos.

        I am also still interested in whatever anybody else may be able to
come up with.

Regards,

Dave K.