Re: Throttle Cable

To: road1978@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Throttle Cable
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:04:19 EDT
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
This is a good question.  My local speed shop couldn't come up with a good
answer so this is what I did.  Edelbrock sells a piece that fits in the hole
in the throttle linkage (5 dollars at the local speed shop). It includes a
shaft, a couple of washers and a cotter pin.  To attach the cable to this, I
welded a cable lock (the little cylinder with the bolt, as used on the heater
cables, and the bonnet release cable) to a stainless flat washer.  I had the
guys at work tig mine to the washer, as I wasn't confident in my MIG welding
skills to make such a tiny weld.  The flat washer with lock then goes over
the shaft of the Edelbrock accesery and then gets secured with a cotter pin.
This way it can rotate as needed.

To secure the throttle cable cover, I just bent a piece of sheetmetal to form
a little stand and used one the intake manifold to head bolts.  It is much
easier to do this with the later model MGB throttle cable as it has a
threaded end to secure it to the stand.

In this case a picture would have saved a thousand words.  I hope this helps.

Glenn
73 / 77 B V8 still leaking, but still going

In a message dated 6/14/00 7:42:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,