SD1 Speedo drive

To: "mgb-v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: SD1 Speedo drive
From: "Frank van Dalen" <frank.vandalen@fae.storkgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:58:47 +0200
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Before I get down to my question, a short overview: I've completed the sheet
metal work to convert my '68 B into basically a RB spec, the 3500 Rover has
been re-assembled accept for the accessories, and the SD1 5 speed gear box
is ready to go back together after inspection. In a couple of weeks, I
should be painting the engine bay and installing the engine for (maybe) the
last time. The hardest part has been to make the decisions and to wait
impatiently for parts to arrive, the actual work is simply enjoyable.

My question is this: the SD1 gearbox has a drive that sends an electrical
signal to the speedometer, the Smith speedo of course is mechanical. I do
have the electrical Rover speedo, but I'd like to retain the original. Has
anyone tackled this one before?

Thanks

Frank van Dalen