Fuel Pump Locations / Piping ??

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump Locations / Piping ??
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 08:45:03 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'm getting close to finishing my 77 / 73 conversion, and am trying to
resolve the few minor issues remaining.  Hopefully, it will be fully running
in about two weeks. But I still have two questions.

1.  Fuel Pump.  I have just received my Holley Red electric fuel pump.  It
looks to be of good quality, but I'm not sure where to put it.  I plan on
running dual exhausts, and I've already relocated the gas tank about 3" to
the drivers side.  I can't really picture where I should mount this thing.  I
don't want to mount it inside the trunk, as I believe there are some safety
issues there.  On another note, is there a maximum reasonable distance which
I can run flexible rubber fuel hose?  I can move the fuel pump to the space
on the drivers side of the single battery box ('77), but that would mean I
would either have to run a couple feet of rubber fuel hose or try to get
someone from work to make up a couple of lengths of SS tubing.

2.  Clutch tubing.  I'm running a stock clutch master cylinder and a Weber
HTOB.  Did everyone make up custom tubing from the cylinder?  I'm pretty
familiar with various tubing fittings used in industrial settings (I've got a
Swagelok catalog setting in front of me).  Is the fitting on the B clutch
cylinder a standard size (NPT)?  Am I safe to use the ferrule (sp?) type
compression fittings and not the flare type that is stock for an MG? Is there
an inexpensive flaring tool?  I've got access to good benders.

Thanks again for all the help,

Glenn