Camshaft Selection

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Camshaft Selection
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:39:10 EST
Cc: al.tracy@juno.com
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
After doing some research on the internet, I've found several possible
manufacturers of cam shafts. Here is a list of what I've found so far:

<A HREF="http://www.iskycams.com";>Isky Cams</A>
<A HREF="http://www.crowercams.com";>Crower Cams</A>
<A HREF="http://www.cranecams.com";>Crane Cams</A>
<A HREF="http://www.mrgasket.com/erson.htm";>Erson Cams</A>  (Take the time to
download the pdf catalog, there's a great info section at the back)

They range in price from about $100 (Erson via Summit Racing) to around 130
or so.  However each has a similar selection and range of cams to fit the
215.  What camshaft should I purchase for my engine.  I've got an Olds F85
block, Buick 215 heads, Olds Pistons, Edelbrock 500 cfm on stock manifold,
electronic ignition and will be using RV8 headers through a dual exhaust.
Car will be used for general spirited driving.  What sort of profile would
work you recommend?

As always thanks for the help,

Glenn
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/wake074/mgbv8.html";>V8 Conversion Page</A>