Paint

To: mgb-v8 list <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Paint
From: Rick Huber <102221.1716@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 07:50:54 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Hi V8 list,

Any paint experts out there.  I'm about to paint my dipped / primed body
shell and am looking for opinions on what / how to paint it.  I'd like a
tough, durable finish that looks great and is easy to maintain but doesn't
cost a fortune.  I'm thinking of one coat of polyurethane on the whole car,
inside, underside, outside, and then a second coat on the outside.  I
understand with the polyurethane paint there's no need for a clear coat.
What about the underside.  Should I skip the color coat and just put on a
rust proofing undercoat ?  Is there a rust treatment to put on before the
color coat, or should I just Waxoyl after painting ?

Thanks for the help.

Rick Huber