Rear Ends

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear Ends
From: dandr@mail.gwi.net (David Allen)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 08:37:41 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Hi: I don't think you'll find many postal Jeeps in junkyards. Talk to your
postman, I found two this way. The model designation is DJ-5 ,most mailmen
will not use them anymore, they're to small,for the amount of mail delivered
today. The axle is flanged, no taper or removeable hub, 5 om 5.5 bolt circle,
eleven inch brakes I believe. I'll go look at one today, want to make sure
the B bolt circle can be adapted. This is a strong unit,maybe overkill for
a 3.5 V8, I'm a little concerned about the weight and brake size, but the
cost factor,available gear ratios and limited slip are appealing ! My wife
said they are all the rage with gardeners, moveable greenhouses ;)

                       Dave      '70BGT