Re: [Mg-t] Post winter TD blues

To: Douglas Ormrod <Douglas.Ormrod@Neurological.org.nz>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Post winter TD blues
From: "Wbeech@flash.net" <wbeech@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 08:24:48 -0500
Cc: "mg-t@autox.team.net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Douglas,
As they say, most ignition problems are fuel related.  That black soot is
unburned gas, check your choke levers and see if the jet barrels are retracting
all the way back into the carb.   They are fairly easy to remove, I use 4-0
steel wool to clean and polish them.  You should take care to put the same
barrel back into it's respective carb, re-center if needed, enjoy your summer.

NOTE: If you are seeing raw fuel leaking then go to your float bowls and
replace the needle and seat unit.   Cleaning them up will get you by but they
will fail again, they are cheaply obtained so save yourself from later troubles
now.

Not sure why you jumped two heat ranges but check your manual and use the
correct sparking plug for your car.

All the best,
Bill B

Sent from my Altair 8800

On Oct 31, 2016, at 8:21 PM, Douglas Ormrod