Re: [Mg-t] Compression ration

To: JohnD <johnsfolly@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Compression ration
From: Bud Krueger <BudKrueger@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 18:26:02 -0500
Hi John,

My late TD engine has TF valves, been bored out .060" and I've had .100"
taken off of the head.  The result is a displacement of about 1308cc and
a compression ratio of just over 9:1.  I also have a 4.3 rear end.   I'm
also using a Pertronix ignition with maximum advance at 30 degrees.  My
distributor is a 40368, see
http://www.ttalk.info/Tech/Advance_curves.html for the advance curve.
Car runs fine on pump 87 octane.  Head work was done by Lawrie Alexander.
  Hal Kramer did an excellent article in TSO a few years ago showing the
effects of boring and head shaving on XPAG/XPEG engines. I highly
recommend reading it.

Bud Krueger
http://www.ttalk.info/

JohnD wrote:
> Good afternoon.
> Just got off the phone with the machine shop doing the work on my XPAG to
> increase the likelihood I make it across the country next June. I need
> advice on static CR for a street-going TD with Mark 2 valves, some
> porting, 1 1/2 carbs, and 4.3 rear end. I'd like to run pump gas...regular
> unleaded would be nice. Probably E+something pretty soonas we are already at
> E 85 in Michigan.
>
> Suggestions?  Thanks.
>
> John Deikis
> Rallye for CURE<http://www.tinyurl.com/kidsCURE>