Re: [Mg-t] Compression ration

To: johnsfolly@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Compression ration
From: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:40:54 GMT
Hi John,  I believe that the CR of my MkII engine is 8.7, which runs OK on 87
octane when timing is max at 30 degrees. It will knock audibly at 2500 rpm
under full throttle though.  Distributor is #40384 which, though shown in the
Lucas listings, does not have any advance curves listed. It's not shown in the
MG literature, but was delivered with the car.  I use 30 degrees because that
is what the later TDs used.  8.7 is assumed, not measured, because head was
dressed .010 when engine was rebuilt, and original CR was said to have been
8.5.  I did not do volume measurements at time of rebuild.  Is Regular
Unleaded the same brew across the country? Are there altitude
considerations?BobTDC 21934