Re: [Mg-t] Spin on oil filter question

To: "Gene Fodor" <crownwheel@surfglobal.net>, "'Bud Krueger'"
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Spin on oil filter question
From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:19:05 -0400
Gene,
Mine is all steel. I think Phil uses alumimum.
You can use any filter as long as it has 3/4"-16 tpi inlet thread. An
anti-drain back flap inlet valve is recommended for the horizontal TD/TF
position.

So Fram- PH-3600,length = 4 15/16"
 PH-3614, length = 3 19/64
PH-16, length =3 11/16"
 PH966, length = 3 3/8"  ( MGB filter ).

Original size CH814 cannisrter filter was 4 1/4" long, so I think the Fram
PH-3600 is about the same overall length as the installed cartridge and
steel can.

BTW, I use Fram numbers as I have a Fram book, I don't recommend them. Cross
reference to your favourite filter manufacrurer. tv
Bob Grunau