[Mg-t] facet pump

To: T series list <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mg-t] facet pump
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 10:18:28 -0400
There is a website called www.rockauto.com that shows the square body
Facet type pump for $57.95(I think), but it is negative ground.  It
could be that Facet no longer makes it because it is marketed by
Beck-Arnley.  If you go to the site look under say a 1970 MGB for this
pump and also other choices including an original SU.  It states that it
is 1 1/2 -3 1/2 psi.
Rock Auto usually has very good prices.
Charlie

Mike Duvall wrote:
I haven't had the trouble on my TD but I don't drive it that much.   On
my A I got so disgusted with SU pumps after going through three  brand
new ones in one summer,  I replaced it with the one from  Autozone that
was identical to the Facet and never again had a problem.

I doubt it is vapor lock, just a bad pump.  They get hot and quit
working.  The old one stays in place for looks because you can pump
through it.

Mike