TD Windscreen assembly

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Windscreen assembly
From: "Douglas Ormrod" <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 13:53:28 +1200
Giday T people

Having a few windscreen assembly and attachment problems. First attempt
did not go too well.

I am at the dechromed brass - no glass stage, but need to fit it so the
trim guy can make and fit the hood. First problem was the side supports
did not match each other and the stud hole threads were pretty badly
damaged so I have ordered new side supports and studs from Brown and
Gammons rather than try and get them fixed. Then discovered the heavy
scuttle brackets had different shapes - one has been broken and repaired
and the profile was all wrong  - am getting that put back into the
correct shape. Screen was also damaged and that has been repaired and
reassembled - not getting the miters quite right though.

So my question is has there been a treatise on the reassembly of the TD
screen published - order, process of assembly and adjustment, that sort
of thing?

All and any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

Douglas