Re: Carb Question

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Question
From: Herald1200@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:24:47 EST
In a message dated 3/25/2006 2:59:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sallen6363@gmail.com writes:

Soooo..  Put it back together and noticed that when I tightened  the screws
down on the suction chamber so the gap was gone the piston was  real stiff,
and lifting it with a screwdriver it wouldn't go all the way  down.

Backed off the screws a smidge and "thump" down it goes, but now  I've got a
bit of a gap.

As such, since I didn't over-tighten the  screws in the first place, and the
jet is as centered as my high-speed Moss  jet centering tool can get it
anyone experienced this before that can give  me an idea of how to deal with
it?

==AM==
This is a long shot; on the other hand, this suggestion just worked for
someone I mentioned it to with a set of dual SUs on a Spitfire...so here  goes:

Any chance that, at some point in the past, the two dashpot covers got
swapped between carburetors? Takes about two minutes to swap them and see if it

helps!

--Andy Mace