TD steering problem

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD steering problem
From: "drmoyce" <drmoyce@ent-oakland.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:13:05 -0700
I took the old TD for a wheel alignment because of uneven tire wear.
The inner tread on the right front wears out, going through 2 tires in
25K miles.  I dont have any issues with handling even at conservative
freeway speeds.

They found that there is too much play in the LEFT tie rod, which seems
to be about = inch of play.  The service manual specifies shims for the
inner ball joints, but Skip Kelsey cant locate any.

The alignment guy noted that there is no camber adjustment, and though
the right side is a little off from the left, it is within spec.  He
suggested maybe putting a little  toe-in on the right to limit tire
wear.

Suggestions?

Andy Moyce

52 TD