Re: TD Generator Q

To: douglas.ormrod@neurological.org.nz, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD Generator Q
From: Herald1200@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:27:53 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/2004 5:23:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
douglas.ormrod@neurological.org.nz writes:

" The  dynamo on early models is a Lucas Model C39PV Service No. 22257A. On
later  models a Lucas Model C39PV2, service No. 22265B is fitted."

The  difference between to two is 2 amps in output.

The case of my generator  is stamped 22258B  then 10 51 (the date I assume)
under that is C39PV  LO 12V

All very confusing - can anyone enlighten me? Do I have the  wrong
generator - can the C39PV be upgraded to a C39PV2 just by using the  later
coils and armature?

=====

Douglas, technically speaking you do have the wrong generator. The 22258
generator was commonly found on the MGA, Nash Metropolitan...and a whole bunch
of other common cars. From what I can determine in my Lucas 400E Master
Catalogue, the 22257 was actually superseded by Lucas to the 22265. There are a

number of bits and pieces common to all three. If you want specific details, I
can probably scan the relevant page(s) and e-mail them to you.

FWIW, I can't quite figure out the "LO" (or possibly "L0"). Possibly the L
is the typical Lucas code for a long-yoke generator, but the O/0 puzzles me,
and  the Catalogue is no help there.

 ;-)

--Andy Mace