remote oil filter set-ups

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: remote oil filter set-ups
From: "Eugene D Abbondelo" <eabb@loc.gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:02:55 -0500
Hoping you MG T types can help:

my 1949 Singer "9" Roadster is currently undergoing an engine
transplant in which I'm using a slightly younger motor (a 4AD)  Biggest
obstacle so far is that the oil filter housing on the engine block and
the cannister holding the paper filter beneath it now interfere with a
chassis diagonal crossmember such that I cannot use the original set up
without cutting up the chassis, which I do not want to do.  Since the
paper elements for the Singer are getting scarce and expensive, I'd like
to go with a remote oil filter housing mounted on the frame or firewall
using a modern spin-on filter, with oil lines back to the engine.

I think the original set up on the MG's is like the Singer.  Has anyone
converted to a modern remote system and can they recommend some contacts
that I can persue?

Thanks,

Gene