Not Stuck in the '50s Anymore

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not Stuck in the '50s Anymore
From: "Gunnell, John" <gunnellj@krause.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:23:17 -0500
Thanks again for all the advice

   Here is what was happening. The car arrived without a tach cable. Last night
I checked to see if the tach drive on the dynamo was working. I left the tach
drive conduit disconnected. It was lying in such a position that when I put the
clutch in, the linkage moved the conduit against the distributor, shorting the
ignition out.
   Luckily we have a fly-in and lunch at a small airport here every Friday. I
managed to get the car there and it took one of the airplane builders a second
or so to spot the culprit.

John Gunnell
Old Cars Weekly
Iola, Wis.