Re: Front Steering

To: "Bill Loubiere" <loubiere@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Front Steering
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:12:15 -0800
More than likely, Bill, the wear is in the rack housing itself. You'll note
that there is only provision for adjustment via a spring and brass plunger
on the left side, although there is a boss on the right side. If the housing
is worn (a very common problem), the rack itself moves up and down and
causes the clunk you hear. Drilling that boss and fitting the cap, spring
and plunger from another rack can solve the problem.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center