Re: wood condition

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wood condition
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:12:07 -0500
I've had a similar experience with the wood on my "52. Many of the little
nails that attach the sheet metal to the wood had rusted to the point that
they where loose or simply fell out. The wood itself was intact, in fact I
believe it must have hardened over the years! I could not drive new nails
into that wood! I landed up replacing the bad nails with small screws.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB - NAMGBR #7-3336