All-Metal filler

To: mgt listserve <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: All-Metal filler
From: Francis Precht <fprecht@mail.frostburg.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 17:34:07 -0500
Hi listers,
On the MGA section of the 'other' BBS there was a discussion of
'All-Metal' body filler by US Chemical.  Folks raved about it, although
mentioned it was more difficult to sand as it contained a high
proportion of aluminum.  Also it adhered very well to bare metal and was
impervious to water penetration and hence rust developing beneath.

I was under the impression that conventional wisdom was to prep to bare
metal, apply an expoxy primer, then fillers, surfacers and sealers.  Has
anyone had any experience with this stuff ?  I've filled many holes in
the firewall by welding in new patch panels, but have numerous tiny
imperfections.  Also I'd like to level out my less than perfect
hammer/dolly work.  I'd like to do most of the work myself, as it's a
lot more satisfying to go out into the workshop and beat the h*ll out of
the sheet metal and work out some job related stress than go 'postal' or
pay somebody else to relieve stress.

All comments & suggestions welcome.  Thanks in advance.
Bud