Speedo calibration

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo calibration
From: MGTD2@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 19:21:07 EST
Well, I'm going to gamble that the collective knowledge of the list canhelp
me out!
I have sent out my tach and speedo for a rebuild to MoMa, as recommended here
a few weeks ago.  But to calibrate it they need to know how many revolutions
of the cable do I see for every six revolutions of the rear wheel, on the
ground, with the weight of the car bearing upon it.  And aldo the radius of
my wheel/tire with the weight of the car on it.  Unfortunately, my shocks are
out for rebuild too, my suspension's disassembled, and I'm waiting for a new
set of 165R15 radials to take the place of my "driven till bald" bias ply
Goodyears. So....what to do?

Someone out there must have done this before!  I have 4.33 MGA rear gears and
I don't mind being off a bit on the tire and wheel radius.  Does anyone out
there know how many times my speedo cable would turn if there were something
connected to my rear axel to turn it?  How about the radius of a radial tire
on a 15 inch wheel with the weight of a TD on it and, let's say, 28# of
Michigan air in it?

Thanks in advance!
Frozen up her in Michigan
JohnD