Re: Spoke Wheel Paint

To: Chuck Hull <chull@pacbell.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spoke Wheel Paint
From: Leckstein <bleckstein@mail.monmouth.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 17:32:07 -0500
At 11:06 AM 11/22/2000 -0800, Chuck Hull wrote:
>       I am going to be putting new tires on the spoke rims for my wife's TF
>this
>weekend.  While I had the tires I off, I thought I would repaint the rims
>and spokes.  Any suggestions for what brand or type of paint to use?
>
>Chuck
>1955 TF 1500

Chuck,

I have a "driver"  TF, that I keep presentable but not show. For a nice
look but not show, I  lightly wire brush my spoke wheels every year or so,
then spray a light coat or two of any brand  of  spraycan silver, followed
five minutes after the last coat with one or two light coats of  spray can
clear. The clear will dull out or grey the shinny silver to exactly the
right shade that was original. Total cost is $2 if you buy $1 cans.
Remember to wash the wheels before starting the process.

Mike