Re: Gear Ratios

To: lbprince@email.msn.com, mg-t@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gear Ratios
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:18:37 EST
In a message dated 11/4/00 8:18:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lbprince@email.msn.com writes:

<<  would like to know the gear ratios for the 1979 --1982 Datsun B-210 five
 speed transmission.  I also would like to know the speedometer cable ratio
 (partial turns of the speedo cable for one turn of the driveshaft).  Does
 anyone have authoritative data? >>

Per the info I have, there were two types:

        F4W60               FS5W63A*
1st 3.513                   3.382
2nd 2.170                   2.013
3rd 1.378                   1.312
4th 1.000                   1.000
5th -----                    .854

Speedo on both was 16/5

*The shift pattern on this unit is:    R  2  4
                                        1  4  5

This is the unit I have on my TA but I understand that there is also a 5
speed unit with the more traditional shifter pattern

Terry