Re: Tires for TF

To: Lawrie@britcars.com
Subject: Re: Tires for TF
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 16:55:38 -0500
Lawrie,
  The circumference of the original Dunlop 550x15 on the car was 83.90
inches  / pi  would make the diameter about 26.71.  Interesting that the
550 was smaller in diameter than the 600.
  Wish I had investigated the Dunlop SP20A/S before putting the
Firestones on.  They were probably average tires in their day, but the
average tire of today achieve a much higher standard on every measure.
BOb