Alternator on a T car

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator on a T car
From: Andrew Moyce <amoyce@pol.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:59:24 -0400 (EDT)
Anybody have any tricks for mounting an alternator in a TD?
  I got one from Jerry Felper, modified with the appropriate pulley
and attachment for the tach drive, but mouting it on the engine
  has not been successful.
  First I drilled a new hole in the rear mounting plate that bolts to
the block so I could thread a 5/16" bolt across the span, but the
  alternator body hits the engine front plate and won't allow enough
inward rotation to attach the belt.
  The kit came with a drawing of an aluminum block machined to elevate
the attachment point, but I don't have access to a
  machine shop.

  Andy Moyce
  52 TD