Re: MGTD Engine Number

To: "Bill Loubiere" <loubiere@earthlink.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGTD Engine Number
From: "David Tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 13:58:15 +0100
Hi Bill, The engine number is located on the raised square pad cast into the
block on the r/h side of the car and to the rear of the drain tap. The
octagonal plate is fixed by just one screw in its centre. If the plate is
missing the number should also be stamped on that cast pad. If there is no
number on the block then you will need to explore whether it is the correct
block or whether it is an XPAG type block from something like a Wolsley 444
or similar, the blocks are almost the same except for the oil dipstick hole,
but even these can be repositioned. New engine plates are available.
Hope this helps

David Tinker
51 TD
54 TF