Re: Paint Chips

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint Chips
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:15:47 -0400 (EDT)
That was reprinted from an article I wrote for TSO back in the 70's (don't
remember exactly when).  Even then some Ditzler and Rinshed-Mason dealers
claimed theuy could no longer mix the colors for lack of the correct
formulae.  If you've found one who is willing and/or able, you're
lucky.  However if all you want is a set of paint chips, getting them
custom made is going to be very expensive.

Back when those were still production colors, they were in the Ditzler and
R-M chip books.  But even if you could find one of those oldies, the color
would have changed from age, light, smog, etc by now.

Years ago Moss Motors had paint chips and leather samples in what they
claimed were all the original colors.  I don't know if they still have
them, who the paint manufacturer was, or if they they were actually
correct.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E