Paint Chips

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint Chips
From: "lbprince" <lbprince@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:52:38 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: lbprince <lbprince@email.msn.com>
To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 10:42 AM

 Some years ago, F.E. Old III listed some Ditzler and Rinshed-Mason paint
 codes in the excellent "T Type Restoration Handbook" (published by the New
 England MG T Register).  The Ditzler (now PPG) and R-M codes he identified
 for the TF are:

                                 Ditzler                   R-M
                                  ----------                 ------
MG Red                  DDL 71993          BM 121R
Almond Green        DDL 44159          BM 076
Ivory                         DDL 81271          BM 127
Birch Grey               DDL 31918          BM 002

The prefix "DDL" is supposedly for acrylic lacquer.  Change the DDL to DQE
to get alkyd enamel, and to DAR for acrylic enamel.  I don't have a prefix
 for PPG Deltron (acrylic urethane).

 Does anyone know where and how to get paint swatches of the above colors?
 would prefer acrylic urethane swatches, but I'll take whatever I can get.

 I have located a local jobber who will mix up a batch for each of the
above,
 but that gets expensive.  I would think that there are paint chips
 available.  Where does one go?

 Thanks,

 Ben