Re: Hypothetical question about driving a TC

To: JagMkV@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hypothetical question about driving a TC
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:16:42 -0700
Mark,
    My initial reaction to your question of a TC on unpaved or logging
roads was NO WAY!!!  Then I got to thinking of the many books that I
have that shows TC and older MGs in hill climb competitions in England
and the rutted, mud filled tracks that they show the cars negotiating
and I had to rethink my initial reaction to why not, they did it
before.  I am sure that your suggestion will be viewed as heresy by the
only drive them on sunny sundays, on paved, lightly traveled roads at
speeds not to exceed 45 MPH crowd, but what the hay, if this is your
thing and you are willing to repair any damage that your car might
sustain, then go for it!  The cars (all of them) were made to be driven
(even hard, in competition), so why not drive them.

Good Luck,
Dave

PS to Craig - Good thing you don't live in Western Washington State or
you would not drive your TD very much if you don't take it out in the
rain. I was once told that the rain doesn't hurt them, they are
pre-shrunk!  We drive our TD in sunshine, rain and snow and have found
that it does fine in any weather (sometimes we don't though).