RE: Differential

To: "'Stuart Keen'" <simbafish@home.com>, "'MG'" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Differential
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 15:00:08 -0500
Either the brakes are maladjusted at the LR wheel or at the left emergency
brake cable. (Assuming the brake cylinders are OK and not stuck open.)

First, remove the emergency brake cable at the LR wheel cylinder. Then,
slacken off the adjusted at the LR wheel by taking the wheel off and
rotating the drum until the hole aligns with the adjuster (screw slot inside
the brake drum). Then adjust the screw until the brake drum turns freely.
Then turn the adjuster until the brake drum just lightly grabs and slacken
off one click. Re attach the emergency brake cable. If this puts too much
tension on the brakes, adjust at the emergency brake cable end.

Regards,
Lew Palmer