Re: TF Alloy Body

To: david.tinker@virgin.net, engconn@f-tech.net
Subject: Re: TF Alloy Body
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:40:40 EDT
In a message dated 04/28/2000 6:24:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
david.tinker@virgin.net writes:

Huuum, David:

<< Currently I am thinking that the steel TF wings and running boards as well
 as other steel contact parts can be " insulated " from the ally tub by this
 inhibitor as well as a strip of plastic tape such as polyacetal or similar
 with a thickness of about .030" thick placed between the joint faces, >>

Yep, BUT there is a corrct product that should be available from aircraft or
motorcoach manufacturers (if not EXCELLENT auto body supply).

<< and using stainless steel bolts. >>

With a "tad" more research, I beleive you will find SS is not a good idea.

<<Fortunately I have the facilities and the
 skills to make the fastenings >>

You are gonna make your own SS bolts, washers & nuts????  Unreal!!

<< so I do not anticipate a problem. >>

Being a MAJOR "doubting thomas", I "DO"!!

<<With the plastic tape placed behind the piping it should not be visible
either. >>

I would also think you are incorrect here, David.  Piping goes around arc and
bends!!

<<More in due course!!.

And we all DO await!!

           Ed