Re: TF Alloy Body

To: "Geoff Love" <engconn@f-tech.net>
Subject: Re: TF Alloy Body
From: "david.tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:57:39 +0100
Hi Geoff, The "paint" ( Duralac ) I was talking about arrived today but
without its datasheet. As far as I can find out it is a corrosion inhibitor
which is coated between the joints of panels of dissimilar materials and
used primarily on light aircraft. ( Its not expensive either and enough to
do a TD/TF would be about $20 US )

Currently I am thinking that the steel TF wings and running boards as well
as other steel contact parts can be " insulated " from the ally tub by this
inhibitor as well as a strip of plastic tape such as polyacetal or similar
with a thickness of about .030" thick placed between the joint faces,  and
using stainless steel bolts. Fortunately I have the facilities and the
skills to make the fastenings so I do not anticipate a problem. With the
plastic tape placed behind the piping it should not be visible either. More
in due course!!.

Regards

David Tinker