Re: Electronic Ignition

To: david.tinker@virgin.net, s4usea@hotmail.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 18:38:19 EST
In a message dated 3/28/00 11:57:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
david.tinker@virgin.net writes:

<< Tell me more about the Petronix ignition system, is it a seamless
 replacement for the TD/TF, how does it work, what does it cost, where do you
 get it from?. It sounds good from those who have fitted it. >>
I've run one on my 1275 powered TA for 3 or 4 years with no problems...I just
put one on my Arnolt MG TD...fits right in.  Simple and slick. You have to
order positive or negative ground and you cannot change your ground after
installation with out burning it out...they cost about 80bucks from Skip
Kelsey who is on this list. There was something about the shape of your rotor
and if the unit will fit but Skip knows all about that. Mine went in easy and
the points will go back just as easy if it should fail. The nice thing about
these is that there is no external box or parts.