Re: spin on oil filter conversion

To: <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: spin on oil filter conversion
From: "Bob and Carolyn Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:42:47 -0400
Hi John, thanks for the plug.
 I am now making a new batch of spin-on oil filter adapters for the TC and
early TD which are slightly longer and will not interfere with the spin-on
filter as the bracket will be entirely on the adapter. Appearance is stock,
if painted. The adapter is solid machined aluminum with steel threaded
button inserts where a thread enters so any removal of banjo bolts and/or
filter is through steel threaded inserts which are permanently Loctited
into the aluminum housing.
I can provide references of satisfied owners if requested.
Cost is $65.00 US$, including packing and postal cost in North America.
Bob Grunau

----------
> From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
> To: James W. Dunn <104610.3053@compuserve.com>
> Cc: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: spin on oil filter conversion
> >
> >       I have a '52 TD (made in Feb. 52 with car number around 13555)
> >  that I would like to convert to a spin on oil filter.  I believe that
the
> > kit
> > that Moss sells is for later cars than mine.
> >     Anyone know where I might get such a kit or plans on how to
convert?

    Phil Marino, Bob Grunau, or Abingdon Spares sells a spin-on housing for