Re: spin on oil filter conversion

To: "James W. Dunn" <104610.3053@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: spin on oil filter conversion
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:34:44 -0700
James W. Dunn wrote:

>    Hello,
>
>       I have a '52 TD (made in Feb. 52 with car number around 13555)
>  that I would like to convert to a spin on oil filter.  I believe that the
> kit
> that Moss sells is for later cars than mine.
>     Anyone know where I might get such a kit or plans on how to convert?
>
>    Thanks,
>
>    Jim Dunn
>    Birmingham, Alabama
        Phil Marino, Bob Grunau, or Abingdon Spares sells a spin-on housing for
the TC, adaptable to the TD. The TD mounting brackets are wider than the
TC. Some of these filter housings have a groove cut in them, to fit in
the lower groove of the mounting bracket. You have to perform some minor
bending of the oil pipes to fit the pipes to the new filter housing. If
you don't, the spin-on filter rubs against the lower bracket, possibly
puncturing it.
John Seim