Re: fuses

To: JohnOmg@aol.com
Subject: Re: fuses
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:15:25 -0700 (PDT)
At 05:28 PM 4/22/99 EDT, you wrote:
>I'm rewiring a Morris Minor now and will do my TD next year.  Can anyone
>explain the lack of fuses on circuits like lights and fuel pump?

John,

If you ARE going to fuse your headlights, take it from me: fuse left and
right seperately!  I once had a broken wire on a side marker touch the
fender and pop the fuse for all running lights on a Mazda pickup. At 50+ MPH
on a moonless night, on an unfamiliar road through a corn field losing your
headlights instantly rates very, very high on the pucker-meter.

As to why they're not generally fused, well... chosing between burned wires
and a country ditch at 50 MPH I'll buy a new wiring harness every time....