Re: Manifold Coating

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Manifold Coating
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 15:52:14 -0700
As Chip Old stated, the exhaust manifolds of TCs, TDs and TFs were supplied
from the factory with an aluminized coating that was white in color. As well
as the manifold, the four hold-down clamps were aluminized.

None of the modern coatings (JetHot, porcelain, powder coating, or the
various high-heat paints)
comes even close to duplicating the original, even though they may be
attractive
in and of themselves.

However, there is at least one company still providing the aluminizing
service. We use them for all our show-winning T-series restorations. It's
really not that expensive either; about $80 for the manifold and the clamps,
including the shipping, last time we had it done.

The company is in the Los Angeles area. If anyone want further details, let
me know and I'll look up the address.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center