Re: Manifold Coating

To: s4usea@fanniemae.com, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Manifold Coating
From: Andrew Moyce <amoyce@pol.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 15:29:47 -0400
There are various manifold paints, which have the attraction that they
can be used (with some caution) while the manifold is still on the
engine.  Griot's Garage has a catalog which contains these paints.
They also sell a product that looks suspiciously like black shoe
polish, which is applied with toothbrush and then is supposedly cured
by the heat of the manifold.  I use this on my TD, and it gives a
color like the lead of the No. 2 pencil.  The only problem is it needs
to the reapplied periodically -- every two or three months.

Andy
52 TD