Many thanks!

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Many thanks!
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 17:04:33 EST
One again, my MMM education takes a big leap forward thanks to you  all!

Pete and others directed me to Chptr 11 Blowers for more info on the two
different shaped dynamo forks available on both the P and N types. I didn't
have
a clue and intentionally didn't read, as Chptr 11 has to do with "Special
Tuning for Trials" and I was just glad it ran!

After balancing the info coming in from the group... looks like I may  have
vertically misaligned the forks (hence placing the flex plate in a  bind)
whilst working on a "clatter" issue in the 90 degree gearing at the  top of the
drive and the cam itself, this spring.
 When  Pete  suggested I read Blowers and look at drawings  and info about
the "flatter" dynamo fork, I didn't think there was  a chance in hell that a P
110/8 P type fork existed anywhere. I should have  known ... as one old pal
replied and said he had an extra one of each hanging  around if I needed it!
I initially felt great that any damage seemed to be confined to the  coupling
disk... and the fix being a simple replacement. Looks like I need to  build a
more precise method to measure that disk lies perfectly flat.

As mentioned earlier, I had previously done some shimming up/down  / fore and
aft, as I had a sloppy fit and whine at the beveled cam gear.  However, I did
not do any serious double checking on the flex plate (like with  the engine
running and a strobe light) after completing the  work on the  gear fit issue.
Ah to be a wiser and better informed man!
Thanks again to all
Don B.

Holiday needs. Search Now.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212792382x1200798498/aol?redir=http://searchblog.aol.com/2008/11/04/happy-
holidays-from-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)