Re: Accelerator Pedal Pinning

To: "Chris Bucknell" <c.bucknell@bigpond.com>, "'MMM List'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Accelerator Pedal Pinning
From: "Tom Metcalf" <mgtom@zoominternet.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:02:26 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
You're right, Chris, it's simply pinned. I file both ends of the peened pin until there is a clear end of pin outlined against the casting. I guess the pin is probably tapered but I'll be danged if I can tell for sure - it's too short. But after cleaning both ends with a file you can start delicately tapping the end with a small drive punch and hammer.

When that doesn't work I begin beating the crap out of it and generally replace the beat up pin with a roll pin. Sometimes heat on the small casting - just red - with a touch of beeswax on the pin can help disassembly frustrations.

tommm in cold Ohio

Hi All,

Am wanting to remove the accelerator pedal on our P from the cross-shaft
assembly.  It appears to be pinned in, but it looks like the pin does
not go all the way through.  So I am buggered how you get it out without
drilling it out.  Does anyone know anything about the
assembly/disassembly of these?  I want to be able to get it all back
together once it is apart so prefer to minimise the amount of damage to
various bits and pieces including the pin.

Regards,

Chris Bucknell